Tragedy: Man electrocuted while cutting firewood 

Man electrocuted while cutting firewood in Jigawa

By Agency Reporter

A 40-year-old man, Sale Mamman, electrocuted, while cutting firewood from a fallen tree branch on an electric high tension wire.

The Spokesman of the Jigawa PoliceCommand, SP Abdu Jinjiri,told NANthat Mamman, is a resident of Duhuwa village in Kiyawa local government area.

“On Friday at about 11 a.m., we received a report by the police in Shuwarin outpost that one, Sale Mamman, aged 40 of Duhuwa village in Kiyawa LGA was electrocuted while trying to cut a tree branch which fell on an electric high tension wire.

“The officials of PHCN were informed and a team of police patrol team moved to the scene and detached the victim from the cable.

“The corpse was conveyed to Kiyawa Primary Healthcare Centre for Doctor’s examination,” Jinjiri said.

According to him after he was confirmed dead the remains of the deceased were released to his relatives for burial according to Islamic rites.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s