Tragedy as man drinks an entire bottle of tequila in one go to win a $630 bet and DIES moments later
Kelvin Rafael Mejía, 23, died after drinking an entire bottle of tequila
He placed a bet with fellow drinkers as to how much he could drink
After winning $630 he passed out and fell to the floor
Meija never regained consciousness and died shortly afterwards
It was the bet to end all bets, and ultimately a man’s life.
A 23-year-old man died from alcohol poisoning after chugging an entire bottle of tequila in a Dominican nightclub.
Kelvin Rafael Mejía decided to down the lot as part of a friendly wager between friends.
The insane bet was all caught on camera and then posted online.
But no sooner had the Kelvin won $630 and had the money in his hand, he fainted and collapsed to the floor and never regained consciousness.
After finishing every last drop and handed his winnings, just seconds later he is barely able to stand and has to be helped up by two men.
Shortly afterwards, he died. The Dominican Republic’s medical examiner revealed that the man died from alcohol intoxication.
According to El Universal, the bet came about after Mejia approached a table where a group of clients were betting money on how much tequila they could drink in one go and he asked to join in.
The management of the venue, the Vacca Lounge, has distanced itself from the events stating the nightclub had nothing to do with the tragic incident.
Source: Daily Mail